Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2012

My impressions of the book

The book "The animal farm" was written by George Orwell and was first published in England on the 17th August 1945.
I found it very interesting to read even if I normally don't read books.
I chose this book because I had some faded childhood memories about the film of the book.
I couldn't remember what the story was about. I have seen the film at the age of eight and at that time I was probably too young to understand it. So I thought I would choose this book for my English task to find out more about its story.

At first it begins like a normaly story, except that the animals can talk to each other.
But the more you read, the more you understand that it's about the politic situation during the Stalin era in Russia.
Every animal on the farm represents a figure of the dictatorship of Stalin.
I was very impressed by how well George Orwell conveyed the situation during the Stalin era through the symbolic meanings of the animal farm and each creature on it.



1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Dominic

    I’ve never heard anything about a book or a film which called the animal farm. Your book sounds really interesting. I think it's a good idea to represent political people in a kind of an animal. I’m going to look for a movie trailer. If it is good, I may be watching the movie of your book this weekend. Have a nice weekend and enjoy your leisure time.

    See you next week

    Regards Lukas

    AntwortenLöschen